Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Graphic by footnoteMaven

Graveyard Rabbit Association

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beaverdam Historical Cemetery - Gaston County, North Carolina

This historical cemetery is located about 6 miles outside of Cherryville, Gaston County, North Carolina

The pictures I took when I was there in 2005 came out horrible. It was late afternoon and the lighting was nonexistent. I would like to thank Mr. Richard Jordan who is a volunteer photographer at http://www.findagrave.com/ who went out to the cemetery for me and took the photos for me.

This is the entrance of Whitesides Road. You drive up this gravel path and the cemetery is on the left.





A group of descendants put up the brick wall around the stones.
















The tombstones of my 6th great grandparents John and Mary (Hoyle) Beam.
John is the son of John Teeter Beam. The inscription on his stone reads:

In memory of John Beam, who died October 24, 1822, aged 52 years. "O yea whose cheeks the tears of pity stain; Draw near with reverence and attend; Here lies the husband's dear remains; The tender father and the generous friend."

Mary Hoyle Beam is the daughter of Michael Hoyle and Margaret Dellinger. I was only able to make out her name, birth - 1768 and date of death - 17 January 1847.




0 comments: