Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Graphic by footnoteMaven

Graveyard Rabbit Association

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Little of This and A Little of That

Most of ye Graveyard Rabbits have found a niche. This Rabbit is still floundering, presenting a little of this and a little of that.

Along the way I have discovered some most excellent blogs and websites that I have to share with you. Some are Graveyard Rabbits, some are not. But all of them left some kind of impression upon me.

Up first is a blog called
Blogging A Dead Horse . Member of the Graveyard Rabbit Association, this blog is by far one of the most interesting. The selection of cemeteries chosen, the great photography and best of all is the writing. It is captivating, poignant and very moving. Here is a descriptive excerpt from the blog

"I collect grave site offerings, permanent and ephemeral. I am a digital archaeologist. I record objects brought to sacred ground to bask in and add to the spiritual powers present there. What I do is record a world that will be gone tomorrow. Like the river that is never the same whenever you step into it twice, the cemetery you visit will not be the same one I saw. I’m showing you the soft inside of the culture of the Oregon Territory as it stands at the beginning of the twenty-first century. It will never be seen again. Enjoy it while you can."

There is a collection of photographs from Dead Man Talking that further exemplify his talent. You can find them at Flickr.com or by clicking here.

Take a few minutes to explore the blog and the photo collection. I promise you won't be sorry.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh, Sheri, I'm blushing. Running into the GRs has inspired me to activate my blog again, and it's been delightful getting positive feedback. You were way too kind! In know I'm a tad of a fish out of water here, so I'm glad that some of you like my stuff, anyway. I sure like yours!